Thursday, January 19, 2012

5 Exercises to Beautiful Back

Pin It
Pinned Image

Oh yeah, you'll love this workout! You don't even have to grab a weight. Just an exercise band and you're ready to TONE your BACK!


I ran with my exercise band. It's so easy to just rap around your hand and go. So I ran a mile and did each of these exercises once through. After I finished the exercises I continued to run a mile and stop and exercise. I did that for 3 miles and 3 sets of all exercises. So felt good to just keep moving and not have to run the whole time. After I was done I walked a mile and stretched.



Pulling Straps
Pulling Straps
Jay Sullivan

Targets: Shoulders, back

  • Lie facedown on mat with legs together and resistance band under torso, holding one end in each hand, with hands underneath shoulders, elbows next to sides.
  • Lift chest off mat and reach both arms straight out to sides at shoulder level, keeping shoulders down.
  • Pull on band with both hands while drawing shoulder blades together; release.
  • Lower chest to floor and repeat.
  • Do 8 - 15 reps.
Standing Chest Expansion
Standing Chest Expansion
Jay Sullivan



  • Stand on middle of band with feet together, holding one end in each hand, arms by sides.




  • Press arms straight behind you; hold and look left, then right.




  • Bring arms back to sides; do 20 reps.



  • Kickback
    Before

    After



  • Lie facedown on mat with legs together and resistance band under chest, holding one end in each hand, arms by sides.




  • Lift chest and reach arms straight out at shoulder level in front of you, keeping shoulders down.




  • Hold for 1 count.




  • Repeat for 10 reps



  • Shoulder Raise and Side Bend
    Shoulder Raise and Side Bend
    Jay Sullivan


  • Stand on middle of band with feet together, holding one end in each hand.




  • Reach left arm out to side and overhead, stretching arm and body over to the right.




  • Hold for a couple of breaths; lower.




  • Do 20 reps; switch sides and repeat.




  • Fencer's Lunge
    Fencer's Lunge
    Jay Sullivan


  • Stand with left foot on middle of band, holding one end in each hand, arms by sides.




  • Point toes out 45 degrees and lunge back with right leg; keep back leg straight while bending left knee.




  • Slowly lift both arms straight out to sides.




  • Lower arms.




  • Do 20 reps; switch legs and repeat.





  • These bands are great for leg workout. You can tie them around your ankles or thighs without them digging in like the rope bands.

    27 comments:

    1. This workout is great. The moves are deceptive... they look so easy and yet pack such a punch! I could really feel my shoulders and pack working.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Where do you get this band!?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Check out my home gym page. I am pretty sure you can get it there. If you dont see it I will put one there for you.

        Delete
    3. I cant find the bands anywhere

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Check it out... I posted them on this page for you.

        Delete
    4. I have a problem with storing fat on my back. My love handles are definitely shrinking with from clean eating, but I was wondering if these exercises would help with back fat. ????

      ReplyDelete
    5. Thank you for this! I have a backless wedding dress and was looking for something to tone everything up!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Congrats on your up coming wedding... when is the date?

        Delete
    6. Thank you for posting these moves. I too want an open back wedding dress so I hope these workouts help :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. Can you use resistance bands with this exercise?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Most part yes but the flat bands are more comfortable.

        Delete
    8. Just bookmarked your site....love these exercises!! Thank you!!

      ReplyDelete
    9. So my friend and I are moving into week 3 this week and we have absolutely loved every workout. We were thinking about starting the whole 3 week program over again when we finish, but we were wondering what suggestions do you have for continuing a workout. Should we repeat or should we move onto a different on. We like that everyday targeted a different area on your body and felt that we were really working our whole body with this. Any suggestions?!?

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. you are totally ready now for the bikini 8 week program. start that now and keep me posted. hugs

        Delete
    10. Such a great workout! I've been doing these moves after my swims and am feeling a *huge* difference! Thanks a bunch.

      ReplyDelete
    11. These are awesome! I will be using them!

      ReplyDelete
    12. Started yesterday....WOW my back muscles have never felt so tight! Can't wait to see the results in 6 weeks!!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Started this yesterday and I already feel my back muscles getting tighter and my posture better! Can't wait to finish out the 6 weeks!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Welcome to the team. So glad this workout helps. Keep posted.

      ReplyDelete
    15. I have been looking for some new ways to help tone my back. I know you posted in an earlier comment that you posted a link to the resistance band but I can't find it anywhere! Would you mind posting again? Please and thank you!

      ReplyDelete