These five easy moves will strengthen those oh-so-handy-to-have-in-the-bedroom muscles.
This is something worth doing every day or every night. It only takes 5 minutes so there isn't any reason not to do it. I totally am doing it every day. :)
1. Lingering Breath
- Sit in a comfortable cross-legged position on the floor or on a cushion.
- First, inhale slowly and evenly through your nose to the count of 5, then exhale.
- Next, inhale for 5, then pause for 5, then exhale for another 5 counts.
- Continue, repeating: inhale, pause, exhale.
2. Yogi Sit-Up
Sit on floor with knees together and bent.
- Lift feet until shins are parallel to the floor, keeping knees bent.
- Raise hands, palms up, until level with knees.
- Inhale to a count of 5 as you straighten legs, then lower legs and torso toward floor.
- Exhale and return to start. Repeat 10 times, contracting abs.
3. Triangle1:00-2:00 minutes
- Extend arms out to sides, then bend over your right leg.
- Stand with feet about 3 feet apart, toes on your right foot turned out to 90 degrees, left foot to 45 degrees.
- Allow your right hand to touch the floor or rest on your right leg below or above the knee, and extend the fingertips of your left hand toward the ceiling.
- Turn your gaze toward the ceiling, and hold for 5 breaths.
- Stand and repeat on opposite side.
4. The Frog3:00 - 4:00 minutes
- Bring elbows and forearms to the floor.
- Begin on your hands and knees; walk your knees out to the sides as far as is comfortable.
- Slowly exhale and press hips back until you feel a stretch in your inner thighs.
- Hold for 5 breaths.
- To release, rock your hips forward and press up to hands and knees.
5. Bridge with Kegel4:00-5:00 minutes
- Lie on back with knees bent, feet on floor and heels as close to butt as possible.
- Place arms on floor, palms down, fingertips pointing toward heels.
- Exhale, pressing feet and arms into the floor, and push your hips up toward the ceiling.
- Hold and begin Kegel : Contract the muscles you use to stop urinating, hold for 1 or 2 counts, then release; repeat 10 times.
- Slowly lower hips to the floor, then repeat.