- Stand tall, with your shoulders back, head and neck aligned with your spine, and abs pulled in.
- Push off with the toes of your rear foot, and land squarely on the heel of your lead foot.
- Roll through the entire foot, from heel strike to the ball of your foot to the final push off with your toes, allowing your ankle to more through its full range of motion.
- Avoid over-striding. Increase the number of steps per minute to increase speed.
- Bend elbows at a right angle, and swing your arms from the shoulder, keeping elbows close to your sides.
- Avoid clenching hands or over-swinging your arms.
- Minimize leaning on hills.
- Don’t neglect stretching and strength training, especially if you experience burning or tightness in shins or calve muscles.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
The 8 Keys to Proper Fitness Walking
And you thought walking was simple! There are a lot of things to keep in mind. This quick list summarizes the info above so you can get out there and put one foot in front of the other!
Posted by akebulan at 6:49 PM